GOD INSTITUTED MARRIAGE
Marriage is of God. It is the God-ordained institution in which a
Man and a woman enter into a very sacred covenant relationship.
In Genesis 2 the word tells us of God’s intentions for man: “Then
The Lord God said, It is not good for man to be alone; I will make
for him a helper fit for him.” So God made woman and gave her to
man and he to her.
THE WEDDING SERVICE IS A WORSHIP SERVICE
The wedding is that sacred time when a man and a woman make
vows in the presence of God and pray for His guidance in their
marriage. It is more than a ceremony to satisfy state laws. The
church sees the service as a worship service and asks that the
music, the order of service and the dress of the party reflect this
THE CHURCH IS PART OF YOUR WEDDING
Often a couple will be heard to say, “But this is OUR wedding!” It
is your wedding in that it is your lives that are to be blended into
oneness and you are the ones to live out that marriage. The church,
by consenting to provide the facilities and the ministry for your
wedding service, is being asked to give its blessing of love and of
fellowship to your marriage. The congregation is sharing a
building in order to provide a very meaningful and beautiful
location for your wedding service. Because this church requires
premarital counseling and there is normally a rehearsal, the
ministry of the church has a considerable investment of time in the
wedding. Hence, the church is part of your wedding, and your
election to have your wedding at Remsen Christian Church is your
acceptance of this position.
SETTING THE WEDDING DATE
The wedding date shall be set by the bride or groom with the
minister after the minister has consulted the church calendar. When
non-members ask to be married in our building’ the minister shall
consult with the elders for agreement.
WEDDING PLANS AND GUIDELINEs
- All arrangements for the wedding service will be approved by the minister
- Premarital discussions and attendance at our worship services are expected, as determined by the minister.
Payment of fees will take place at the time of the rehearsal.
- Our organist will play for the service. Others may play upon the approval of the minister and our church organist who will familiarize the visiting organist with our organ if necessary.
- Photographs are NOT to be taken during the wedding service without permission of the minister. All scenes from the wedding service can be posed for the photographer following the service.
- Smoking in the building is forbidden by our insurance company and the fire marshal.
- Alcoholic beverages are forbidden in the building.
- No throwing of rice, confetti or birdseed in or outside of building. Runner must be used if flower girl uses petals.
- Event rules apply.
SCHEDULE OF FEES
(Fees to be paid at the rehearsal)
Minister $300.00 (includes no less than (4) four meetings with pastor & rehearsal)
Additional Fees for Non-members
Fellowship Hall $200
Small Room $50