We believe that Christian Spirituality is a way of life that relates who we are to who God is as revealed in Jesus Christ and as experienced through the Holy Spirit. At RCC we encourage one another in the spiritual disciplines, practices through which we open ourselves to being shaped by God. Those disciplines include Prayer, Bible Study, Worship, Stewardship, Service, and Hospitality to strangers. Our spiritual development ministries range from teaching children to love Jesus to helping adults live Christ centered lives. We meet weekly to worship God and celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
We are a people who believe that life is to be lived in hope because God through Jesus Christ is Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer of all people and all things. We are children, youth and adults who worship together, who seek out ways to ease each other’s burdens, who have fun together, who learn about living a Christian life together, study the Bible together and pray and fellowship together. We are a community who believe we are called by God to serve each other and to serve our community and world through a large variety of efforts.
We are Remsen Christian Church and invite YOU to discover Jesus Christ among us!
Here at Remsen we believe that God loves us and calls us into a growing relationship with God and Jesus Christ, God’s Son, we of Remsen Christian Church believe our mission is to share the good news of Jesus Christ by following Christ’s ministry of preaching, which invites persons to experience a transforming relationship with Christ; teaching, which reveals the will of God for our lives; healing, which seeks to restore the wholeness intended by God to the people of our congregation, our community, and beyond.
Our mission statement: Committed to Christ – Sharing Him, His teachings and His love with all.
Remsen Christian Church believes:
- scripture as the infallible word of God;
- in the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the message of salvation for all persons;
- that anyone who makes an affirmation of faith in Christ can become a church member;
- in the baptism of persons old enough to make an affirmation of faith;
- in the Bible as the major guide for the individual life and the life of the church;
- the participation of open communion every Sunday.
- in direct government of the church by our congregation and Official Board.